Oh yeahhhhh, the thought of these creamy taco fillings all loaded into one dip is making my mouth water all over again. That and the fact that this classic recipe is actually healthy for you really gets my engine going! I prefer to dive in with yellow corn tortilla chips but you could easily keep it nice and light with some bell pepper strips/scoops and cucumber slices. I imagine it would be just as tasty….in fact I wish I had thought of that before I ate all of my latest batch…luckily this is one of those recipes you whip out on any party occasion.
Especially the SUPERBOWL!!! Did you know that Thanksgiving is the only day of the year that beats the amount of food Americans consume on Superbowl Sunday? That means any delicious and healthy option on your side is a touchdown in my book <–yes, that is a cheesy (and pathetic) football pun.
Stay with me.
This dip goes something like this (top to bottom)
1) Sliced black olives
2) Pico de gallo
3) Light or heavy sprinkling of nutritional yeast
4) Chipotle Salsa
5) Ripe, mashed avocado
6) Freshly made Cashew Cream
7) Seasoned protein packed refried beans
You can easily substitute out different topping based on your personal preference but for me, this is perfection. It goes SO well with my Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings it is unbelievable. I guess you’ll just have to make those too 😉
Do you have any Superbowl recipes you have made healthy? How about any you want me to try to make healthy? I am always down for a challenge! Let me see your 7 Layer Dip creations on instagram and twitter using my hashtag #peppersandpeaches and tag me @peppers_peaches!
Oh, and GO PANTHERS!!!! 🙂
- 1 can vegan refried beans (check the label to make sure there is no lard)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp coriander
- About 1 cup cashew cream (link above) or 16 oz vegan sour cream
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and smashed.
- ¾ cup chipotle salsa (or salsa of choice)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small white onion
- ¼ tbs cilantro
- 1 small can sliced olives, rinsed and drained
- Combine beans and spices including salt in a small bowl and stir until combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomato and onion and place in small bowl. Add cilantro and toss. Set aside
- Spread evenly in the bottom of a 3 qt baking dish.
- Top with cashew cream or vegan sour cream.
- Top with smashed avocado
- Top with salsa
- Top with nutritional yeast
- Top with pico de gallo previously made in step 2
- Top with olives.
- Chill for 1 hour.