Potatoes are definitely one of my favorite foods. It amazes me how they can transform into so many dishes and absorb almost any flavor you throw at them. A particular preference of mine is rosemary and balsamic vinegar on potatoes. It is like they were meant for each other. The flavors accent each other perfectly while the potatoes soak in all the tasty goodness and practically melt in your mouth. If you have never tried this combination then you are in for a real treat today!
These potatoes have balsamic vinegar, rosemary, lemon, and an addition of onion and mushrooms for some added health benefits and a depth of flavor that really makes this side dish pop. This recipe will feed the masses so cut it in half if you are eating for one. My husband and I eat on this dish all week by loading other toppings on it to make potato bowls, using the potatoes in tacos, and just eating them straight from the pan. I particularly like dousing them in guacamole…creamy potatoes with creamier guac…another match made in heaven.
Do you have another creative way to use roasted potatoes? Let me know if the comments below; I’d love to add another dish to my list!
- 1 5 lb bag red skin potatoes
- 2 heaping spoons chopped rosemary
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- juice 1 large lemon
- 3 tbs salt
- 1 12 oz. package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice whole bag of potatoes into similar sized pieces. Place in large casserole dish.
- Add coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, rosemary and 2 tbs of salt into a small mixing bowl. Pour over potatoes and place in oven.
- Stir potatoes every 30 minutes. Total cook time in oven is 2 hours.
- A little before the 1 hour and 30 minutes mark place mushrooms, onions, and remaining 2 tbs salt in a medium saute pan on medium heat. Cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onions to potatoes and cook for the final 30 minutes.