I recently picked up a box of Nestle Strawberry Milk powder and had that sink in your stomach feeling when I looked at the ingredients. That box of delicious powder is chuck full of chemicals, food dyes, and sugars….so I put the box back down. Instead, I went to my local farmer’s market and picked up some local strawberries from Cottle Farms. Then I went home and made today’s recipe, REAL strawberry milk. Let me just take a moment and say, that powdered shit has nothing on me. Plus, it takes about as long to make this healthy, tastier version than it does to dump the chemical crystals in milk and stir….so win on flavor AND time. HOLLAAAAA!
This fresh strawberry milk has that beautiful pink color while also keeping a smooth and creamy texture. You can make it as sweet as you like which is a bonus too. If you prefer heavy strawberry flavor and less sweetness; make it that way. If you prefer mild strawberry flavor and lots of sweetness; make it that way again. If you pref…alright, you see what I’m getting at. This recipe let’s you make your strawberry milk EXACTLY how you want it….and that is pretty awesome in my book. You only get one life, so drink your strawberry milk how it is meant to be. Natural and delicious!
Also, it was a very bright and sunshine filled day when I whipped up this carafe of tastiness; my sweet kitty Mary Jane loves the sun and kept me company. Check out her mini model shoot in the sunbeams.
- 3 cups vanilla soy milk, unsweetened**
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 3-4 tbs agave
- Combine milk and strawberries in a high speed blender. Mix until completely smooth.
- Add 2 tbs agave and taste. Continue adding until desire sweetness is reached.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers do not keep well as the ingredients separate.
- **you can use sweetened soy milk instead but then you probably don't want to use the agave