Good morning Eastern Central side of the United States! Good afternoon, good night, and good way too early to be reading to the rest of the world! Welcome to the new year! I am currently sitting in my fuzzy blue robe gulping down an enormous cup of coffee and I am just so excited to share this recipe with you guys! In fact, I am excited for a lot more than just the recipe! I have this feeling that 2015 is going to be a year for the books! Let me explain.
For one, I am marrying my favorite person in less than three months. How is that for amazing?! Sometimes it blows my mind that Ken and I’s paths aligned just right so we could meet and spend a lifetime having adventures together. I guess similar souls really do recognize one another eh?
Secondly, this will be my first full year having this blog! I started it up this past August and it has been a learning experience for sure! It has become my favorite hobby and I absolutely love sharing both the recipes I develop myself and also the ones I try from fellow bloggers and chefs (not calling myself a chef…specifically the blogger ha!). It gives me such a sense of satisfaction when I try out a new recipe and it tastes delicious! The fact that I now have a platform to share this tasty food with you all is the best stress reliever out there for me!
Thirdly, Ken and I are going to start house hunting this year! I cannot say for sure that we will actually purchase a home in 2015 but we sure would like to! It is a huge undertaking and one that makes me giddy with excitement but nervous at the same time. When did I get so old that it became “purchase a house” time? How odd….I will keep you all posted on our findings. Who knows, maybe my posts later this year will include a new well lit kitchen that happens to be yours truly?
Finally, there is hope for a Chicago Bulls championship! While the cards are really still out on this one; there is hope! Stay healthy boys! Let’s make 2015 the best year yet!
And now, the reason you clicked on this post….the recipe! This is a quick and easy one that anyone with an oven can make. Flavored cream “cheese”! I have finally found a few brands of vegan cream cheese that I am happy with both texture and flavor wise (Tofutti and Follow Your Heart). However, I seldom find it in any flavors! So naturally I decided to make my own flavored cream cheese! Fresh rosemary and roasted garlic make this cream cheese bold in flavor and perfect to slather on a toasted bagel or grain bread, or even dip pretzels in.
- 1 Package vegan cream cheese 8 oz. (I recommend Tofutti or Follow Your Heart brands)
- 1 stalk fresh Rosemary, chopped into little pieces
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (or roast the whole head of garlic and save extra for later)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel 2 cloves of garlic. Put a drop or 2 of olive oil on each clove and place in oven on tin foil for 15 minutes. If you are roasting the whole head of garlic it will be between 25-30 minutes in the oven.
- Pull garlic from oven and let cool. While it is cooling, add chopped rosemary to cream cheese.
- Mince garlic very finely, add to cream cheese and rosemary. Stir very well.
- Place cream cheese back in fridge for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best so the flavors can merry.