Today’s recipe is a quick and easy breakfast or dessert that makes a large portion and feeds everyone, including the picky! I recently went on a weekend vacation and brought all of ingredients with me. I threw the dry ingredients into a large mason jar and just had to bring that jar along with the oil and peaches. Then, when I woke up one of the mornings there, I just prepared it in under 15 minutes and threw it in the oven. By the time everyone else woke up breakfast was served!
This dish is my version of a Peach Fruit Crisp. Fresh peaches topped with a lightly sweetened crumb topping that’s loaded with rolled oats and walnuts for added fiber and healthy fats. You can add more or less sugar per your own taste buds, but this is the perfect amount for me! Sometimes I like to drizzle a little bit of maple syrup on top of it. I bet a big scoop of vanilla ice cream would be divine too! If you wanted, you could swap out the peaches or nectarines or plums, or even do a combination of all three! It’s so fun to play with the different possibilities!
Let me know how you make it in the comments below! Or, take a picture and use my hashtag #peppersandpeaches on instagram or twitter so I can check it out for myself!
- 6-7 peaches**
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ + 1 tbs cane sugar
- 4-5 tbs coconut oil
- **necatrines or other stone fruit would work here nicely as well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by slicing your peaches. I left the skin on one time and took it off another. Both were tasty.
- Place peaches in a small glass casserole dish. Set aside for now.
- Combine all other ingredients except 1 tbs sugar and stir until mixture becomes crumbly. If mixture remains dry you may need to add more coconut oil until you reach a slightly moist, crumbly texture.
- Pour crumbly mixture on top of peaches in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the 1 tbs sugar on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Dish is ready when the top crumbles are slightly brown and peaches are bubbling on the sides.